January 31, 2011

Sea Duty!

I know it's been a while since my last post when I start getting emails from you all!  My explanation?  David has been home since his last school which ended on the 15th.  Having a full time husband around is a little like having a newborn!  Fun, but you don't get much done :) 


While you all were getting buried in snow...AGAIN (aren't you tired of that yet?) we did manage to tackle some household chores, play a few rounds of golf (yes, me included) and hit the beach with no kids!  Fear not taxpayers, the Navy has tracked him down and he reported aboard the mighty USS LAKE ERIE this morning. 


The girls are excited for Catholic Schools Week this week (translation...fun, games, and sugar for days!)  This morning I volunteered to serve cereal to the 6th graders, then watched Olivia (far left just over the man's right shoulder) perform a dance to "All of Creation" during mass.  Lot's of little voices singing to God - very sweet. 


After mass we moved outside for "field day!"  I may never get my voice back as I was in charge of two games which involved lots of shouting over loud music but the kids had a ball!

You know the rest; soccer, homework, food and laundry.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Often. 


post signature

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

As we wait for two inches of snow an hour the top picture has filled me with envy:)