December 9, 2013

Christmas Time Is Here...



It's Christmas musical time!!!   

This is a BIG production at our school, (which means tons of running around, lots of costume pieces to purchase, late nights and crowds) but I have to admit...I just love hearing and seeing these little ones.  They always end it with a Nativity parade of kids singing Happy Birthday Jesus, gets me every time ;)








The hula class performing Silent Night




Two of my favorite angels
























The weekend was spent getting the house decorated.  A task which usually falls to me alone, but this year I had lots of help and must say...the place looks beautiful.




There she is!!!  Adorable right?  We scaled back on the lighting this year so NASA wouldn't complain!  




















I find myself struggling this week as we draw near to the anniversary of the shooting.  I know that this time last year, those sweet children were decorating their trees, making lists for Santa, performing in Christmas shows, and anticipating parties at school.   Although I'm behind on my gift buying, cookie making and truth be told, there may not be a Christmas card from my family this year; I'm enjoying every minute with my family.  Every ornament hung or dropped, every early wakeup to open the Advent calendar and every request for another cookie!   The joy in their faces is a sweet reminder to me that I'm privileged to have this time with them.  

Enjoy your advent, go easy on yourself, remember the grace that we are celebrating, forgive someone who doesn't deserve it, do something kind.


Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.






post signature

No comments: