February 20, 2014

Valentines Day Celebration - finally!


Since Olivia started high school, family dinners are not a given.  Valentines day was in the "no" column - but we sync'd  our calendars and discovered Sunday night was good!




By then, all those ridiculously overpriced roses are nearly free



Nearly dead too, (but I suspect they were this way on Valentines Day also.)




Our tradition is to make cards for each other.  I must say over the years we have gotten pretty good and very creative...








Liv took the prize for the origami lily card 




As anti-horder as my behavior can be, I have always saved our handmade cards.  We have quite a stack now, and it's so fun to look back each year.    




Yes, there are presents.




This year we tried chocolate waffles for dessert!  I'd love to show you a lovely picture of them stacked on a pretty plate with a scoop of ice-cream on top, but they didn't last long enough to snap a picture!





I'd give it a thumbs up - mix a devils food cake mix according to the package directions and pop in your waffle iron.  It wasn't very sweet (a plus in my book) but the ice-cream helped.

Hope you all got to share the day (or the next day...or the next) with the ones you love.




post signature

No comments: