May 3, 2015

May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii

It's that time of year again -  Hula time!

Largely the same production, but each year my kids have played a different part.  This year, most of the hula was done by the 4th grade - hula dancers or not. 



Soooo, lil miss thing being in 4th grade AND hula was in about 5 different numbers.  She said it was pretty stressful but I think she ate the whole thing up.  (Apparently the curl job I did that morning didn't pass muster so her personal assistant did it at school)


Selfie #1



4th Grade buddies


Aren't they cute?  Don't tell them but I kinda love these boys!


Aloha






I have no idea what I did here.  I was trying to find a better/faster way to upload some video and this crazy wiggle shot is what I got.  I gave up, come visit me if you want to see some cute video ;)


Emily's BFF's



Selfie #2


#3


If you can't beat em...



Hmmm, the cheerleading BFF's look a lot like the hula BFF's


This is what they do after school and before cheer, glee or hula.  They come to my room, eat popcorn and steal my phone to take photos.  Hooligans.



Change of topic!  Olivia just completed her sailing season.  She had a great year, placing first and second most races!


This is the only race I got to see this year, but I picked a good one.  Here is Olivia...


And there was everyone else!


This is her crossing the finish line (buoy) and looking back like "hey, what happened to everyone else?"  

It was fun to watch and be the crazy mama on shore cheering her on.

She is also knee deep in hula this time of year.  Her class is having their spring show tonight.  She is also in 5 numbers with lots and lots of costume changes.  We are heading to the show in just a bit, but I won't be able to take any pictures so I'll just have to count on her taking selfies too!  I think the prospect is good.

The show is 3 hours.  Yep, 3.hours.of.hula.  I don't think Dances with Wolves was that long was it?





post signature

No comments: