April 25, 2009

Sunny Day

We had a beautifully sunny day yesterday and I took the opportunity to spend it outside with Emily and her neighborhood peeps. We were out from about 1-5 running through the sprinkler, bike riding, rolling down hills etc. The girls had a blast and so did the mom's! (We did none of the above mentioned things, we read magazines and sipped margaritas.) Poor Emily, never did it occur to her daft mother that she might need sunscreen on her back as she was wearing a halter top - she got a pretty good burn. I took her home and gave her a cool bath, put her in jamies and went to make dinner. About 10 minutes later this is how I found her at the computer...OUT! It isn't easy to wear this little one out so aside from the pink shoulders, I consider it a good day.

I am off for my overnight campout with Olivia and her troop today. Looking forward to it - they have lots of activities planned (canoeing, mountain boarding, horseback riding and of course smore making by the campfire tonight). It's supposed to be almost 90 today - yes, I have the sunscreen.

No comments: