October 14, 2009

Back to school, Navy Ball, North Shore

Double rainbow over our house

Seems like we had off longer than a week (well probably because it was...Olivia was off from the 1st to the 13th) but we are back in the swing. I didn't realize how nice it was to be off from all the driving until I started it back up again! Anyway, break was nice and we took a family trip around the island to the North Shore as a send off. We hadn't made it up there yet and it's surprisingly different from this side where we live. The big surfing competitions that you see on TV take place on the North Shore in the winter and the waves can top 20 ft! They weren't that big yet but I took some shots of the girls playing NEAR them...no way was I letting them in! I have seen a 1 ft. wave take Emily OUT - these would do her in for good :) Click the play button to see one of my videos - watch the guy standing with his back to the wave!




As mentioned in my last post David and I had lots of Navy engagements this week - culminating with the Enlisted Ball at the Hilton Hawaiian Village on Saturday night. Picture the scene...standing on the balcony of the penthouse suite at the VIP Pre-ball party, 30th floor, overlooking Diamondhead and Waikiki Beach at sunset...David's phone vibrates and as he pulls it out of his pocket I hear a faint "clink". If you're now picturing his military ID sailing down about 20 or so floors to land on a lower rooftop you win the prize. He won the prize of having to finagle a new ID on a holiday Monday :) Were going back this Saturday for the Officer's Ball, wish us luck!

No comments: