March 31, 2010

Emily

Well it's hard to believe but we went almost two months without a trip to the ER! Might be a record for this family but lest we set the bar too high we were back on Monday.

Poor Em went to school Monday and they called about an hour later saying she had a fever of 103.5! She was also complaining of stomach pains so off we went. Long story short is they took very good care of her, did lots of tests, went back and forth about her having an appendicitis or not and finally admitted her to pediatrics for overnight observation and determined it was a virus that presents itself much like an appendicitis but is virtually harmless with no treatment other than to ride it out.

I must say she took it like a champ (maybe minus the catheter in her arm) and had the staff charmed into giving her Popsicles every half hour!



We are glad to be home - I hate being in a hospital. I hate germs. I hate being sick. I'm sure now that I spent 2 days there it's only a matter of time before I come down with everything from meningitis to a flesh eating stomach flu. But enough about me. Emily is doing much better today, no fever and much less pain. :)

post signature

No comments: