March 12, 2010

Parenting!

So you know that parenting is a constant challenge. My kids are at very different ages but both seem to be at a point of not wanting to listen to me because they clearly know better. Brush your teeth...do I have to...yes you do...or else... Actions and consequences all through the day until I fall into bed at night exhausted from the constant negotiations over tiny little things. I am grateful however that on the really big things they do seem to take me seriously and would never, ever consider disobeying me. Like, say for example, don't play with guns or hang out with Marines. Neither of my kids would ever do that.




Ok, so maybe.



HA! David called home last night and said the Marine Corps Silent Drill Team was in town and was getting set to perform at Pearl Harbor. The girls and I rushed over and were treated to a great show. Anyone who has seen them knows what a thrill it is - ridiculous precision - absolutely fantastic. We have seen them in DC a few times and it is always a stunning performance.



Last night after the show they allowed us onto the field to meet and take photos with both the drill team and the marching band. Oh to be 20 years younger :) They were so cute and very engaging.


I did mention to the group that took the photo with Emily that the shot was basically a Grandparents nightmare! They got a good chuckle out of that.





post signature


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Guns and Marines, huh....watch out for that one Jen, she is too much!

Daniel Long said...

Only thing worse than M with a gun

would be you!!!!

Dad