August 3, 2010

Back to School



And she's off!  I have to admit that I was incredibly sad sending my baby to Kindergarten today.  Not because I don't relish the thought of some "me" time after 12 years but because I know from experience that I am going to blink and she will be a broody teenager.




Clearly she has perfected her pageant smile.


As you can see she had no anxiety, was thrilled to be going to the same school as the "big kids" and had no problems booting me out the door.  As it should be - means I am doing my job.  Sniff, sniff.


Our neighbor and friend from pre-school.
This is what cute, little 5 yr. olds look like going off to school...


This is what the 6th grade set looks like.  Frightening right?  We carpool with two other families in the hood (which rocks for my schedule) - these are the twins that live up the street.


This was another car shot on the first day when I realized I had forgotten to take any pictures of Olivia!  A good mom doesn't let a little thing like driving stop her from a Kodak moment!


Since today was only a half day we went to a cafe for lunch with Em's buddies, fed the fish our leftover french fries and went on a bike ride with no training wheels.  Oh do they have to grow up all in one day?  Next she'll be wanting to wear make-up (oh right, too late). 


So I promised no more Reagan photos but there was a RIMPAC closing reception on board Sunday night and I had to get a shot of this cake!!  The party was huge and even included a ride on the plane elevator up to the flight deck.  I'm telling you the thrills never end on this ship :)  OK, now I am really done.  Promise.   

post signature

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Love the pageant smile! School starts for us in about two weeks....I am sooo ready:)