August 22, 2010

Has it been that long?

I know, I know...it's been a while.  What have we been doing? The usual. Back to school, getting Daddy off on his trip, starting soccer, doing homework, practicing instruments and just when you get the hang of this routine...a 4 day weekend.  No, you didn't miss a holiday, in Hawaii we like to celebrate our "statehood" day which was Friday and Monday is a Catholic sumptin or other so we have that off too. 

Week one without David was predictable.  Me overcompensating for the absence of a parent (ie...wearing myself out trying to be mom and dad so they won't notice) and them crying every night that they miss him.  Glad to report we are done with that, have the new webcam installed and are starting to adjust.  I am now resorting to what anyone in their right mind would - flying my Mom in for a few weeks!

Part of my extended absence is due to the fact that I lost my camera for a bit and had no fabulous photos to share but I have since found it under the couch cushions with the TV remote, loose change and elusive ukulele pick so I am back in business.  I did carry it around this weekend as we visited every pool on the island but have very few shots that are blog worthy. 

The girls are doing well in school - Emily has a hard time separating from me but does fine once she is around the corner.  I am trying the "hands off" approach with Olivia this year.  Her homework, her responsibility, her grades.  She really needs me to back off and realize she can handle this on her own.  Not sure I will live through it but I know she will!  Luckily I have a new kindergartner to smother :)

Sorry for the slump.  Now that the help is a comin' I promise to get in the game again.   


post signature

No comments: