October 5, 2010

The Zoo













Day one: the zoo.  It was fun, I haven't been since Olivia was a little tike.  We had one very up-close and personal experience with a lion and if not for the plexi-glass Emily would have made a tasty treat for his lunch!  Apparently the normally sluggish and docile fellow hardly ever moves around let alone leaps up to go face to face, paw to hand on the glass!  Something about her attracted him from the start - he locked onto her from the moment we got there.  Very spooky!

Must have taken it's emotional toll because by the end of the day Em was a bit of a mess.  Crying about stuff that happened a long time ago etc.  Finally I just hugged her for a while and she said "I just need something to cry about, I have all these tears in me!"  Sometimes you just need something to cry about I guess.  I think I remember my father telling me he could give me something...perhaps we should have called him! 

post signature

No comments: