February 15, 2012

Valentines Day, Navy Style

You might be wondering if the Navy has a special way to celebrate Valentines Day given my post title.  The answer is no, except that your husband may not be home, or more precisely he may not plan on being home, have something break and be home unexpectedly, but not until it's too late to do anything about it.  THAT my friends, is Navy style! 



As you can see from my photos, we are all ready for the big day.  Candy, check.  Glitter hearts, check.  Cookies, check.  Heart shaped plates, check.  



BUT, we decided to put it on hold till Daddy could be present (he is our Valentine after all) 



Although he showed up at 8:00 pm that night, it was too late to whip up so much as a heart shaped pizza with pink dough.  It is tough for me to admit, but I have my limitations.  Shhhhh.



We did celebrate at school however.  This was the extent of my entertainment.  Decorate bags, distribute goodies, eat an M&M cookie.  I can be taught it seems, this was a far cry from my Halloween escapade! 



So, we are still awaiting the home extravaganza - not sure when our schedules will sync up but I won't be able to live with the glitter heart decor forever so undoubtedly it will be this weekend.




Over the top photos to follow.  



post signature

No comments: