May 17, 2012

Manual Setting!

In the interest of full disclosure, my fancy new camera has been set on AUTO since the day I opened the box.  And while I'll admit it does a pretty good job, I do a lot of editing to get my pictures to look the way I want.

Nothing to do but drag yourself and a couple of your buds to a photography class!  Turns out all those little numbers you see when you look in the viewfinder really do mean something - who knew?  Well, I suspected but it made me feel dumb so I ignored it.

I won't bore you with all my hits and misses but these were my homework shots.  I should also point out we weren't allowed to edit in any way.  No cropping, adjusting color, saturation, nada.



Flower


Water


Person



Animal (had to borrow Drew from a neighbor).  Ok, still in full disclosure mode, I never asked.  We just had a photo shoot when they weren't home one day.  


Building or statue

I was pretty happy with the unedited results.  My teacher was less impressed but really it's you folks that I'm working for :)






This one is for next week.  I wish I could edit out the stick on the right side but no cheating!  I'm really impressed with it for one reason...I took it in the bright sunlight with tons of "noise" in the background.  Somehow it ended up with a black background!  I'll have to see if I can re-create that but I might pretend it was on purpose. 



post signature

No comments: