June 7, 2012

1st Days of Summer!




Here she comes!  I have to admit as exciting as it is to be getting Daddy home, the large grey hull going in/out of the channel photos are starting to bore me.  Not much changes.  And for a new professional like me - well, I like a challenge.  :)


 I found the kiddos much more fun to shoot, and must admit we had quite a group of cuties excited to see their Dads.



She really was one of them, you just wouldn't know it by this photo.  Think she has sat around in the hot sun a time or two to wave at the ship only to be told she wouldn't actually see him for 3-4 more hours?  Um, yeah.  She's catching on.



Shhhh, she doesn't know any of this yet!



This little guy is trying to figure out how to push his bruddah in the waddah!



Now this was more exciting!  A real live baby that wiggles and everything.  




A little wildlife is fun too.  




Speaking of...I found a gecko egg in my carport this morning so I brought it in to show the girls.  I was thinking we could put it in a jar to see if it would hatch - no clue really about what conditions it takes to hatch a gecko, but it was worth a shot.  As I was showing them, the egg popped in my hand, I screamed and dropped it and a few seconds later we were the proud owners of a baby gecko!  

Olivia says the best part was my freaking out.  She's probably right...just before it hatched I had a moment of panic that "what if it wasn't a gecko egg, but a spider egg and 300 little creepy crawlies were about to scatter about in my house"  Emily is not the only one with a flare for the dramatic!



post signature

No comments: