August 26, 2013

Korean Cinderella

It's back to school and that means one two things; paperwork and field trips.  

I won't go on about the paperwork, you know the drill...sign this, initial that, read this, return that, sign up for that, pay this...endless.  In the midst of all that was the permission slip for the first field trip of the year - a theater production of Korean Cinderella.  What? Chaperone...sure, I'm in.

I had no idea what to expect, but given the name I figured: slightly culturally adjusted version of the Disney gig.  

There are no words to describe the actual experience so I'll let my horrible iPhone videos do the talking (or singing...or whatever the K Pop version of all that is called)  By all means, turn up your volume.











  

Told ya!  I don't know what I was expecting...but it wasn't that!  This is one of those times where you look at the other moms and simply agree that this is another "only in Hawaii" moment.  

In case you are on the edge of your seat...she did accept the Mayor's proposal to go to the big dance but after that she was leaving him to become a K Pop star determined to make it on her own.  Good luck Gongi, we are all rooting for you.  I think.

My chaperoning days are numbered :)



No comments: