August 26, 2008

New School

We finally told Olivia last night that we were switching her school this year. (For those of you who didn't have to listen to me complain everyday last year about her/our experience at LS count yourself lucky). It was a very difficult year.

She was pretty upset at first which broke my heart - David did such a great job of explaining our decision while I sat there trying not to cry. We told her the bottom line is that we want her year to be more about Olivia being in 4th grade than just 4th grade. Last year was all work, work, work and she had no time for anything that interested her.

Anyway, it's definitely weighing on her mind - making new friends and all but I know she will rise to the challenge and have a great year. She is an awesome kid and very outgoing. We are very proud of her.

She is having a back to school sleepover tomorrow with 6 - 9yr old girls! Yikes. I'll post photos if I survive.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I was saying to my mom after I spoke to you this morning, that I forgot to ask about Olivia's school. I can only imagine how your heart broke for her, but you know you are doing the right thing!

Tell her I'll be thinking about her. BTW....Is she really going to be in 4th grade? Yikes!