August 13, 2008



These are some photos from my walk with Emily - too bad she is so camera shy huh? She played the part of the perfect supermodel "take my picture here...and here...and here" I think 3 yr old girls are quite possibly the bossiest things on the planet!

The girls (and I) are doing VBS this week and crossing off things on our to do before Disney list! Packing for success is an art form - moms get no credit of course but the difference between a great trip and a not so great trip I believe is in the little details (like fruit snacks, wet wipes and ponchos). They will appreciate me one day right?

Olivia asked me last night what my most favorite thing about her and Emily was (she agreed that it was a hard question and gave me some time to think on it). So I did. Funny to me that what I came up with was Olivia's dreaminess (her ability to see a spec of glitter and instantly transport herself to another world where fairies dust flowers with glitter and the queen of the land lives on a cloud....) and Emily's independent strong will (as her VBS leader told me this week "she really marches to her own drum doesn't she?"). The funny part is that would also be my answer if you asked me what drove me most crazy about my girls because as Olivia slips off into her own world she fails to see that she has walked into the street and is about to be hit by a bus and Emily just refuses to listen to me no matter what the situation! Maybe recognizing these traits as the best parts of them will help me not want to kill them the next time it takes 20 minutes to get shoes on or the next time I find Emily outside dancing in the driveway...naked. Maybe not.

No comments: