July 24, 2009

2 Weeks

In two weeks we have: flown to Hawaii, adjusted to the time zone change, had a meeting with the housing office, looked at 4 houses, signed a lease, started a new job, been to a party, picked up two cars from the port, safety checked two cars, registered one car with DMV, met with two schools, admission tested for two schools (yes, Emily had to pass a test too), been accepted to two schools, paid for two schools, moved twice, found a new place to live for the next 5-6 weeks, will move twice more, been to the pool 7 times, beach 4, Sea Life Park once, watched 2 hula shows, and finished 4 bottles of wine and one bottle of scotch.

I don't think I can take the "Island" lifestyle much longer :) Happy to report we are leaving our bug infested dump for a 3 br. furnished rental in Kailua tomorrow. Here we come Kailua beach!

Next week: Register car 2, get base stickers for both cars, buy school uniforms, cancel 4 various hotel reservations I no longer need, attend two school orientations, and that's just what I know about as of now...At least no moving!

post signature

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad to hear Emily is *IN*! I'm even more excited to hear that you're moving to the Windward side of the island. WOO HOO!

Kailua, Lanikai, Bellows.....I'll let you know what time my flight arrives!

Miss ya GF,
R :)

Jen said...

We got here this afternoon. Grilled fish for dinner on the lanai, walk on Kailua beach at sunset. Cocktails at dark with the kids in bed. All I can say is ahhhhhhhh :)

Tiffany said...

Yikes....that is a crazy couple of weeks...at least you are in Paradise with a warm breeze and cocktail in hand....:)