February 27, 2010

Tsunami

Hi all. This is my best effort to get information out to all of you as phone lines are very tied up now. David did start getting calls around 3 am about the approaching tsunami and left for work around 5. I don't know what this means for the ships, haven't heard from him since. Pearl Harbor is somewhat protected but I don't know how it is designed to handle the swell they are expecting.

What I do know: I am not in an evacuation zone

I have a backyard full of tables, chairs and coolers

My caterer is in an evacuation zone

If people show up here at 3 for a party (big if at this point) I will not have food :)

Grocery stores are limiting us to purchasing only 2 cases of spam (that's what Hawaiians do when things get tough...they buy spam!)

That's all I know for now. They are expecting to see the first action on the Big Island around 11 am PST. I assume we will get more information as that hour approaches.

post signature

No comments: