April 26, 2010

ANZAC Day

Yesterday kicked off a marathon week for me which includes (but is not limited to) an ANZAC Day Memorial Service and reception, a conference for 60 (not at my house thankfully), an evening barge cruise, a PTA meeting, a field trip, a May Day program at school, teacher appreciation week, a change of command ceremony, a promotion ceremony and a change of command celebration evening party. No sweat. I actually have a chart of baby sitters lined up so I won't forget who is coming when!!



ANZAC Day is equivalent to our Memorial Day for Australia and New Zealand. Many years ago when I met David's ship in Australia he marched in their ANZAC parade so it was fun for us to be invited to this service. We began at Punchbowl which is a national cemetery located in the basin of an old volcanic crater. Beautiful! I didn't get a lot of photos but the setting was gorgeous and the ceremony was very moving.




View of Diamond Head Crater (you might remember we climbed that a few months back)

For you Grandma Hughes!!





Oh yeah, and we made a bird feeder!
Peace out!!

post signature


No comments: