May 23, 2010

Miss you Dada!

We all have our own reasons for missing David this past week...probably none more than the girls having to "do time" for bad behavior by picking up the nasty pods in our yard this time of year. I think two full garbage cans is a new record and I must admit, hard work! I had to laugh as I was yelling at them about "giving them something to do so they would be too tired to fight." Don't know exactly when I turned into my father but alas, it's happened.

Before you get to feeling too sorry for the poor dears, rest assured the rest of the time has been filled with sleepovers, new movies, crafts, pool time and of course...mani-pedi's!

The peace signs were in honor of Olivia's friend throwing a 60's themed birthday party. Of course, little miss had to follow suit but in a more appropriate pink, purple, glitter motif. She idolizes her big sister but only to a point!


While Olivia was away for the night Emily and I had a special dinner for 2 on the lanai, Jolly Ranchers for dessert (her call...not mine...I was pushing hard for brownies) and a "sleepover" in her bed with a movie!

We do miss you honey but are managing in typical girl style...with whipped cream and chocolate! 1/3 of the way through and not looking forward to the real pipeline of 9 weeks. This Navy family is out of practice!!



post signature


No comments: