May 2, 2010

Wrap up

We wrapped up our week on Friday with a Change of Command Ceremony aboard USS LAKE ERIE

The ship looked beautiful and we are anxious to be a part of that Ohana (family) sometime in early 2011.

We then moved across the harbor to a promotion ceremony aboard the Mighty USS MISSOURI which is now a floating museum and a beautiful ship itself (notice the wooden deck and the size of the guns over our heads).

Friday night was another party but Saturday was our first family dinner of the week and I made sushi! I know sushi isn't for everyone but my family really loves it and if I may say so myself it turned out great! I have tried it a few times since I got the kit for Christmas but it's harder than it looks. This is my best so far and it was yummy!

Next week looks slightly less chaotic than last but not by much. This is a busy time for ships and kids so that translates to busy for Mom. Only a few more weeks of school - I think we'll vacation in Hawaii this summer ;)

post signature

No comments: