June 28, 2010

Weekend Fun

RIMPAC is in full swing here now and the harbor looks amazing with all the ships.  I wish I could get an aerial shot to show you.  David took us on a pier walk this weekend so we could see them up close.  Not sure if I am supposed to post photos of the ships so I'll limit it to this one shot. 


We took a tour on USS FREEDOM - here's Captain Emily!


David and two other (also both David's) in our neighborhood hosted a backyard party Sunday for the other major commanders in town for the events.  This is a group of guys in charge of a lot of the world's firepower at the moment.  Very fun bunch and they were glad to have some "down time" together.


This morning the girls and I got up and went on a sea glass hunt on a local beach known for having bunches.  It's no rumor...we collected more sea glass in one hour than I have in all my beach walks combined!


Most pieces were much smaller than this but we did find lots of different colors.  Emily even found a small red piece which I have never seen.  I will have to do some research and see what this place used to be - maybe some type of factory?



post signature

No comments: