December 31, 2011

Makapu'u Lighthouse Hike


After taking down decorations and cleaning for 3 days, I was ready to get out of the house today!  Unfortunately, Olivia wasn't feeling good so she and David stayed home while Em and I went whale hunting!  No letters from PETA please...hunting as in looking :)


We did see a few but as I have posted before, it's wonderful to see in person but translates to a large whitecap in photos so I will spare you. 


It was a beautiful, clear day and we could easily see Molokai (or Lanai...or Maui...hmmm, might have to look that up)




One day I'm going to figure out the path that these folks take to get down to these tidal pools.  It looks so fun and refreshing but the only way I can see to get there is straight down a mountain of lava.  Um, no.



Two miles and minimal whining later we reached the summit, lighthouse and picnic spot!









   







Artsy shot...fancy new camera...don't say I didn't warn you








I would like this to be my view from the living room lanai please. Mahalo.



Happily Olivia is better - it was a medicine on empty stomach issue so we get to start 2012 in good health!  Haouli Makahiki Hou from our house to yours!






post signature

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What a fun day for you and Emily to share together! And you win photographer of the year for lugging that big Canon up to the lighthouse! Great pics!