December 5, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree!

We have been busy getting in the spirit this year - the calendar is already full of holiday events and the advent calendars are the first thought of little minds bright and early each morning!



I was part of a team that hosted a cookie and ornament exchange on Friday night.  



We had our "festive" on for a beautiful sunset party at the boathouse lanai.  It's so nice to be able to celebrate outside in December!!


It was a delicious high carb evening!



Saturday was full too, beach party in the afternoon and Christmas party at night.  I forgot my camera that day but I suppose you aren't interested in my beautiful beach shots right now :)

Sunday was tree day!!


No trouble finding the right height since they cut it off the top!!  This way, the tree grows back without replanting.



My outdoor elf!




Yes, I'm still in love with my Hawaiian tree but it does have some drawbacks, namely lighting.  The only real way to light this tree is to go out and back on each individual branch.  Not easy and not cheap!  I think our final count was 15 boxes of lights and one run to Target!  




My indoor elf, who is always ready to stop on a dime, throw that hand on the hip and smile for the camera!  Toddlers and Tiaras here we come :)



I told you, it's a LOT of lights!  
























Mele Kalikimaka!

post signature

No comments: