April 10, 2012

Aloha Dad


Not all visitors are created equal.  My Dad isn't much of a beach/swimming guy, but he does like hiking, gardens, birds and painting.  Luckily - we have something for everyone here!


















We found a great hike on the North Shore that lead through some beautiful gardens to a waterfall and lagoon. 









We decided the King used to throw people up against this tree for punishment...ouch!



Naturally, Emily was a fan of the tree that left pink fuzz all over the ground.















Olivia was the first to make it to the waterfall




I was lucky to spot the great American Dad in his very un-natural habitat...the water!  Good thing I captured it.














We had a great visit, complete with my grandmothers world famous (or famous in my family anyway) pound cake!  It's a fussy recipe but we nailed it, it was as delicious as it was beautiful.



post signature

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It was such a treat to see your Dad! What a special character he is :) I especially LOVE the pic of him painting with Emily. What a special memory for her to have.

R :)