April 23, 2012

Hawaii Fun

Mango Season!!


All you need is a tree, a neighbor who is willing to share, and a really long picker!





Oh, and silver high heal glitter shoes.  Duh.


You can let them fall from the tree but unless you're fast, the birds will beat you to them


Said neighbor also has a beautiful bougainvillea bush that my camera just couldn't resist.  


mango picking led to plumeria picking and a little science.


This is the Hawaiian version of a white carnation so we thought we would try the old rainbow trick.  Not sure how much plumerias drink after being picked - 4 hours and counting and still no change in the flowers.



Might be a big bust as far as rainbow flowers but do you see it?  It's finally making an appearance, 5 months later.  Not sure about the other 3 but I've gotten used to this look so it makes me a little sad to think of my little one with big giant teeth.  

I'll keep you posted on the flowers.  

post signature

No comments: