July 18, 2012

Memories and my Memory!

There's just something about being 40 (ish).  I can't remember why I walked into the pantry, but I can remember every word to every song from the 1970's!  Fun, but not as useful as remembering why I'm in the pantry.  

Given the memory issue, I'll do my best to catch you up on the last few weeks!  I think it was something like company, RIMPAC, company with a sprinkling of standing in the pantry with a confused look on my face...  

A year ago our sweet little Audrey moved to Bahrain.  This was a photo of her and Emily when they "graduated" from pre-school in 2010.  


Here they are now!!  Turns out if you move to Bahrain the best place to meet your family for a vacation is Hawaii.  Lucky for us they squeezed in a day for us to catch up.  As you can see, no trouble re-connecting.  Cute.as.ever.


After the Audrey sighting there was a little more RIMPAC.  No shoe photos this time (because I can't remember which ones I wore!)  Truth be told we skipped a few and had little energy for the ones we did attend.  Turns out, Lindsay Lohan has nothing to worry about.  I apparently won't be stealing her "party all night every night" crown any time soon. Thanks for your votes though.  

Daddy left the moment the last reception ended and after a speed of light house cleaning, our pals from Japan landed for a visit.  Here is a shot of the kids back in 06 (awwww)


And now.  David wasn't home to see them but we did get a Lake Erie drive by - the boys like this shot since he's technically in it!





Emily and her buddy back in the day.  Other than the teeth he hasn't changed that much!  Can't say the same for her.  Man this seems like yesterday.




This band of hooligans has been having a good time for many years!


As you can see, we have been busy beaching, hiking, eating and playing!





When did I blink?





 As for the man and his mighty warship, more of the same...



I think he will miss this one day!!  

Just like the kiddos, I have also managed to get a year older.  Thanks for the birthday wishes, messages and gifts.  It was a good day.  Our friends have gone to a hotel for a few days and then return to us for another few.  I'm off to fit in the usual in their absence...laundry, cleaning and groceries.

I'm pretty sure my husband returns at some point and then the girls start school.  Life moves fast but at least it's fun!





post signature

No comments: