October 14, 2008

Blogging


Hello loyal readers! Now that I have a blog I have begun to look at life in a new way. Everything my family does gets viewed through a new pair of glasses called "hmmm, can I blog that?" and "Darn, I forgot my camera!"

This weekend was no exception. You saw most of the fun stuff we did but allow me to share the mundane. On Monday I decided the house needed to be cleaned and my family was going to help! Not a super popular decision but why shouldn't they get to share in a little of the 3500 sq. feet + 5 bathrooms of joy we call home? Why should I have to clean it by myself during Emily's school days thus "wasting" my free time? Besides, it's good for them to have chores, pitch in...these are tough economic times right?

Well, they hung in there pretty well, Olivia did a great job organizing her room and getting rid of all the clothes that don't fit her anymore (how did she get to be a size 12...what happened to 10)? and David was a good "schlepper" as in schlep this to the basement and bring this to the upstairs. After an hour or so it became not so much help mom as it became "get out of her way and entertain yourself or she will put you to work." It's all good.

As you can see from the photo - help is not all it's cracked up to be when your husband tosses in one more thing into the white load (forgetting to remove the wallet) and turning everything a nice shade of orange. This is AFTER 3 more washes with bleach. I just love a good stereotype don't you? Now we all have orange undies to enjoy - perfect for Fall.

No comments: