November 8, 2009

Best laid plans...or not

So on Saturday I had a plan. I needed a plan, it was yet another busy day and the only person who could possibly pull it off was a super human, detail oriented, one-of-a-kind organizer. (Applause here) That would (of course) be me. I present you the plan:

10:15 head to commissary to buy grapes for Emily's after soccer party
10:45 arrive home, change into soccer gear, prepare grapes and cut up pineapple
11:15 leave for game, stopping first at the registration table for next seasons soccer (with both girls applications in hand, in triplicate) which goes from 10 - 12
11:30 arrive at registration, do my thing
11:40 head nearby to soccer field (thus allowing for set-up and warm up time)
12- 1:00 enjoy last game of the fall season (hallelujah)
1 - 1:45 enjoy end of season pot luck
1:50 change in car and head across the street to birthday party at gym which goes from 2- 4

Whew. Can I plan it or what. Imagine my surprise when we pulled into the soccer field at exactly 11:40 to hear my friend yell "are you just getting here?" (Um, yes...why would you ask that) "The game was at 10! We are just all leaving! We wondered what happened to you!"


At least we caught the coaches so they could give her the trophy and take a rushed iPhone shot! Anyone want some grapes and pineapple...I've got lots left over! A crew then rushed in stripping me of my title and handed it promptly to the "miss organization" runner up because clearly I am unable to fulfill my duties. (sniff, sniff, good-bye crown)

Sunday was another new day and we decided last minute to head out on a sail with a twist. Now that Olivia completed her course and got her sailing card (did I mention that last week) she decided to take out her own boat and sail along side us. How cool is that?
That's her way in the background on the left!

She was awesome!

post signature

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

HYSTERICAL! I can't stop laughing!

SO proud of Olivia....she's growing up (sniff, sniff).

R :)

Tiffany said...

Jen you just need to be more like me, that would never happen at my house:) Wish I was sailing in paradise....Olivia looks amazing!