December 3, 2009

Emily's House

Emily brought home school project #5,471 yesterday. I often learn a lot about my kids by the projects they complete at school without their over-achieving mama around to "help." Of course I never actually DO their work, only nag them to death about how it should be until they relent. (If you have ever made gingerbread houses at my house you know what I'm talking about). I'm sure this assignment was designed to help them learn to cut with scissors and probably came with the instruction to find items in magazines that you would find in your house and cut them out. Simple enough.

This is Emily's house, clearly she is going for the minimalist look. No windows, no doors, no excessive trim...way to go Em...just like your Mama. What does the inside of Emily's house look like you ask? Is it full of fine Ethan Allen furniture, happy Mom's with aprons in the kitchen making delicious meals, toys galore? Nope. Not Em's house. Hers is full of....
Makeup. Yup, that's all, just makeup. This is a girl who knows what is important and is sticking with it!

post signature

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I guess the real beauty of it is that she has NO idea how hysterical she is! It's just Emily! Love her!