January 28, 2010

Makeover - Jen Style

What can I say? Emily has inspired me to do a makeover of my own. My front porch was looking a little drab so I headed out to Pier One today.

Have I mentioned this house has 4 porches (or as we say in the islands...lanai's)? This is the "main entrance" and where I sit to supervise playground activity or have my morning cup of coffee.
I found a cute outdoor rug and added a "pop" of color and walla! Nice, cozy little spot. Don't miss my cute lanterns hanging from the lattices :)
Only 3 more to go...just kidding honey!

OK, enough about my makeover. I know you are all wondering if Emily had one since the last post. Ha ha, but of course. This was yesterday's (note the fancy hairdo.)

And here is today's that happened while I was sprucing up the lanai. I sighed and said "I would like to go a day without so much makeup on you Emily." This was her response...

Seriously :~

post signature


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wish I was there:) Love the pic of Em, mean Mommy, no makeup.....

Jen said...

Ugg, she gets it EVERYWHERE - including in her eyes (and the carpet). The glitter dust is so fine that I'm afraid it's like asbestos! It needs to be in the trash - soon. That should make a good photo opp!