November 20, 2010

A little bit of this and that

The big thing on my to do list for the last week has been final preps for a training workshop put on by a group I chair called the Leadership Continuum.  It's designed for XO/CO spouses - and it's purpose is to train them for their unpaid leadership roles they assume through their husbands job.  (That role can include but isn't limited too; mother, sister, confidant, scapegoat, therapist, babysitter, party planner and superhero).  We host 4 workshops a year and this one was on disaster preparedness.   



I wish I had a better picture to represent how fabulous the event was.  The team in charge of this workshop was absolutely fantastic, they left no stone unturned in their preparation and they covered a wide variety of disasters both natural and situational.  I thought the centerpieces were cute too!  The local weatherman was our guest speaker and hopefully folks will start sharing their photos of the event soon.  He is a bit of a celeb in these parts and was a lot of fun!


Today we attended a UH football game with David's class.  He is attending the Asia Pacific Security school here locally and his classmates are from all over the world.


The school tries to come up with fun entertainment for them on the weekends and what better than a good old American football game?  We started with a tailgater and a little football of our own.



And proceeded to the game.   


The Warriors were up big at the half but Emily started to feel bad so we left.


How you can be having fun one minute and sick in bed with a 102* fever an hour later I'll never know!  I do know that someone in my family (mostly me) has been sick since July.  Seriously.  It is a never ending germ fest here.

This week I am all about the big T day.  We decided to host the foreign students in David's seminar for a traditional Thanksgiving feast.  Our count is up to 30 now so lets just say my fridge is packed and my stress level is threatcon A.  Despite all the work involved I am really looking forward to it. Some of the most memorable times in our overseas experiences were when local people took us into their homes and showed us traditional life in their country.  I am excited to share our world with them.   

The minute that is over I will shift to fa la la la la mode and to the dreaded Christmas card photo...oh can it really be that time again?


Hmmmm, we ARE wearing green....

post signature

No comments: