November 11, 2010

Peoples Choice!!

Well, the house seems very quiet with our family gone but we are returning to the regular routine around here. It was a GREAT visit chock full of fantastic memory making events.  Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much) to Davids parents and Aunt for making the long trip to see us, we really had so much fun!


One of our highlights was the Fall Festival at Holy Family.  This year the theme was "carnival" and part of the festivities was a  "Chili Cook Off."   Olivia was excited to enter it but I had to confess that I'm not known for my chili.  I have heard rumors over the years that Grandpa is, so I signed them up!



While I was busy at school with set-up and cotton candy making (harder than it looks by the way) they were home cookin!  Here they are setting up their station. 


And here is Olivia accepting the first of their TWO wins!!!  They came in 3rd from the judges standpoint but they won the "peoples choice" which we all decided was the real prize!


 Ahhhhh - the victors!!  They called it Oklahoma Red Dirt Chili.


Oh yes, I told you we also threw in a birthday for Dada right?  The cake is a little short on presentation but delicious none the less.


Emily always gets Dada the perfect card - in this case Hello Kitty wishing you a very happy 5th birthday.  Nothing says I love you like that. 


Although we were busy with the usual "life" stuff - we managed to interject a few tourist stops, a few beaches and a boat ride in Kaneohe Bay. 


Seriously, can you believe this is real?  The only way this could be better is if David and I were on that boat.  Right honey?



                                       Fast friends!


She even stole his hat (and I'm thinking his heart too)
Thanks for a great few weeks.  Aloha :(

post signature

No comments: