November 28, 2010

Christmas Trees and Cupcakes!



I have never, ever put up my tree the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Always seemed too early and messy when the needles were falling dead off the tree by the 15th of the month.


Yes, I absolutely have to have a live tree.  Not negotiable (and I have heard all your compelling arguments.)  Last year someone told me you could go to the North Shore and get a Norfolk Pine - I was excited beyond belief.  I have been waiting all year!


I don't think I had ever seen one of these silly looking trees before moving here but I have fallen in love with them and couldn't wait another day to get ours.  This here is Justin...helping us pick out just the right tree (well, two trees because I just couldn't resist.)


Isn't it magnificent?  Obviously we haven't gotten to the decorating yet but I had to show it off.  Emily and I decided we don't need a star because it has it's own built right in (and it goes clear to the ceiling at nearly 9' tall!) 


A good friend of mine had a birthday a few weeks back and we just now found the time to celebrate it Hawaiian style.  A few of us took her to the Kahala Mandarin Hotel in Waikiki.


If you find yourself waking up one day to a small fortune left to you by a long lost relative, I suggest you spend it here. Seriously - this is the hotel to the stars on Oahu and it is P-O-S-H! 


Fantastic landscaping, waterfalls, pools, dolphins in the private lagoon. You name it.


For hotel guests only they have these lovely little lounges with a pop up shade and on each is a little flag pole with a flag that you raise if you need anything...like a fancy drink with an umbrella.  Oh, I could get used to that.  Do you hear me long lost rich relatives...yoooo hooooo?


This cute little guy was just swimming around.


The birthday girl enjoying a cupcake on the beach.  That's how we roll ;)

post signature

No comments: