July 12, 2010

Let them eat cake!



Something about the sound of the ice-cream truck driving by that makes even us big kids run outside barefoot screaming "hurry - the ice-cream man is here!"  This treat was even better because it was free - once a quarter they drive through and give us all a free treat.  SWEET!



As if that wasn't enough sweets for my sweets, Olivia tried her hand at making a Pavlova.  We did this once before but it was one giant meringue bowl filled with whipped cream and fruit and it ended up cooked unevenly and hard to serve.  This time she made individual cups.



Heavenly!



You have GOT to come try one ;)

Emily is working on roller blading now.  She is pretty good after only a few times.  We finally upgraded her bike from 12" to 16" this weekend too but I forgot to get a photo.  It's all the pink, purple and streamers you can imagine! 


This is what I get for having my children in the winter...presents in July for no reason!!
post signature

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Good for Olivia! Pavlova is HARD...one one time I tried to make it, I ended up with a rock with whipped cream on the top.