July 15, 2010

North Shore

One of the bad parts about living in Hawaii is the pressure to always be doing something fabulous!  I feel guilty if we spend a day at home - I know...you are all pulling out the tiniest violins right now.  Poor, poor me.  Your lack of sympathy for me aside, I was feeling the pressure yesterday so I took the girls up to the North Shore for a day at the beach.


See those lava rock formations up there jetting out into the water?  That happens to be the exact location where Emily had her little spill back in January that landed us in the ER.  When I pointed that out to her she said "I don't want to be remembered about that!"  Me neither!


Happily this was a much less eventful day and we enjoyed an occasional wave and some fantastic snorkeling.



In case you were wondering, Emily does NOT let a little thing like being underwater with a snorkel tube in her mouth slow down her talking one bit.  She insists on trying to communicate with me as we swim around and see fish.  She lets out a huge scream of delight every time she sees one (which carries from her tube onto the beach for everyone to hear) and then proceeds to try and tell me about it...underwater. 

 

This usually ends with a mouth full of salt water and me hauling her back to the beach to clear it all out.  No amount of begging on my part seems to convince her that the world won't stop turning if she closes her mouth for a minute. 


Her sister has tried convincing her too!  At one point I plopped her on the beach, told her not to move, gave her a snack and then went snorkeling with Olivia!  Ahhh blissfully quiet.


Well in my quest to do all things spectacular (feeling just a bit sorry for me yet?) I have planned for a great week ahead.  Tonight is another reception (New Zealand I believe), Saturday we are going to Sea Life Park for a "dolphin encounter" followed by dinner at Dukes, Sunday I am having the neighborhood ladies over in the evening for a "wine and whine" and then next Thursday I am taking a flight out to the USS REAGAN!  Yep, I really am.  Don't know how my honey pulled it off but I leave here in the am - fly to the Reagan (yes, that includes a trap landing), spend the day on the ship and fly off that evening.  HOW COOL IS THAT? 

OK, now I'm not even feeling sorry for me.  Never mind that part :)  Stay tuned for pictures!!


Oh, speaking of pictures, here is the new bike!  Yes, Barbie has her own bike that clips onto the handlebars.  Of course.

post signature

No comments: