May 6, 2011

May Day (Lei Day) - Updated!

Lei day is highly celebrated in Hawaii and as usual the school put on a fantastic show.  


I took these shots before the student body showed up...once they did photos were few and far between.  The shows draw a large crowd and I end up with a lot of "back of the head" shots.


Each of the islands is represented by royal court dressed in the color and flower of that island.


The show is more of an audio than a visual thing so I tried to get some video.  I think this is the 4th grade class getting some "aloha" in their hearts.


And here is our fantastic ukulele players - no idea where Olivia is in the pack but I was pinned in my spot on the floor!








They started the 6th grade hula without the uke players so Olivia didn't make this video but her friend did and I promised her mom some photos.  This was the best I got!



Once the rest showed up she got covered!


Our school year is winding down and today was my last day on the afternoon pickup shift so we went for ice-cream!







These clowns have kept me laughing all year - that is definitely worth an ice-cream!



post signature

No comments: