May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Sunset

After a particularly difficult day of parenting, cleaning and packing, I was feeling a bit bad about not doing anything "Memorial Day ish".  


Luckily, we are surrounded by history; so a remedy was only minutes away.


We grabbed a few chairs and a few sippy cups of wine (I told you it was a particularly bad day) and headed to Ford Island. 


The USS UTAH memorial was on the sunset side of the island so that's where we set up camp.  It was a very peaceful evening and a fantastic sunset through the mountains.  


You can see the overturned ship in the water and it was an eerily interesting walk along the shoreline where we saw lots of pieces of the ship melted into the banks.  


We finished the circle of the island on the other side and stopped for a moment to peak through the trees at the Arizona Memorial.  


Beautiful from any angle. 


Thanks to all.  Past, present and future.


post signature

1 comment:

UpperBottom said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog and wanted to introduce myself!

Beautiful family! I glanced down at your previous post also... I hope your daughter is alright!

Cheers,
Rachel
http://www.upperbottom.com