August 9, 2009

Barbie Head

I know a picture is worth a thousand words but since I can't download mine yet you will have to settle for my thousand words. We were killing a little time yesterday in between events and went to the Air Force Exchange. Emily found a styling head (you know, the big barbie head on a stand) that she just had to have. This one had the added bonus of being able to make your own glitter lip-gloss in various scents.

For those of you who don't know, Emily is obsessed with glam. Everyday begins with picking out an outfit right away (always a skirt or dress, she WILL NOT wear pants or shorts of any kind, color or style). She does her hair (complete with styling gel) and at least 5-10 items of decoration...clips, bands, etc. Most often she will let me do the style but I am always under the strictest guidance as to where to place what. Next comes the lip-gloss (I have given up that fight) and the bracelets which get placed on wrists and ankles and finally the shoes. Most often they don't match the outfit but they are always shiny and fancy.

Right...back to the head. Normally I would have said something to the effect of "$20 for that piece of junk, no way" BUT having spent the last week as a "salon customer" of hers and having most of my hair pulled out by the roots I gave it a second look. Now Barbie can be the customer and her hair can end up in knots. I was liking that.

We bought the head and even made some lip-gloss last night. It stunk to high heaven and took me back to my 2nd grade Bonnie Bell days but it was very glossy and glittery which is really our only goal in this house. As expected it is a piece of junk and the spinner that mixes the gloss/color/glitter barely works and as we are trying to figure it out and put it together David says "I guarantee not a single man had his hand in making this toy" (sideways look from me) "seriously, we would at least have made it work!" (laughing in spite of myself because he's right) Bottom line is right now it is 9:53 am and my children haven't bothered me once because they are playing with the head. Nuf said.

post signature

No comments: