August 27, 2009

Just when you think you have had enough...

Tonight David and I were invited to a cruise around Ford Island on the Admirals Barge. To be honest, we are moving into our house tomorrow, I have a million things to do, David just flew back from San Diego late last night...this wasn't a big priority for us. Both of us after being without a home for the last 2 1/2 months are beginning to wonder if this is the life we can handle anymore and we are both exhausted. Just when you think you can't do it another minute God grants you the gift of perspective (mixed in nicely with a glass of wine, a delicious dinner, and good company.) Not only was this a private cruise aboard a lovely boat but to my surprise it was a bit of an historical trip. Not only did we sail right next to the old WWII Battleship Missouri but we also stopped at the Arizona Memorial (after hours) and got off for a private tour. I was actually brought to tears seeing that ship at sunset with her 1100+ sailors still entombed. I was really too moved to even think of taking out my real camera but luckily had enough presence of mind to snap just a few shots of Her and the Mighty Mo with my handy iPhone. (I am always thinking of you folks). I wish you could have been there to experience it with me. We continued around Ford Island and were treated to some little known WWII facts which I can't wait to share - it was a fantastic evening!

USS ARIZONA flag at half staff honoring Senator Kennedy


USS MISSOURI

Gun turret visible from the deck of ARIZONA

post signature

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Sounds like a great evening, beautiful pics:)