August 21, 2009

Still waiting

Well, my normally sunny, glass half full, cheery old disposition (no laughing anyone) is starting to fade. I (we) are sick and tired of being displaced. We need our clothes, soccer gear, toys etc. I am disheartened that they have all but stopped working on my house as of late and have lodged polite but firm complaints for all the good it has done. We know the couple that will live in the house next door to us (met her in Starbucks the other day and turns out her husband is a classmate of David's) and they got a call yesterday saying their move in date has changed to Sept. 10. I haven't gotten a call but won't be surprised if I get one. That's an agonizing 20 days from now. 20.

The good news is the girls have today off from school and Olivia has Monday off too. That gives us a few days of not having to leave the house at 7 am and spend the day waiting around for everyone to be done with school, soccer and meetings. Hopefully that will restore us a bit.

Ok, enough complaining (not really but it sounds good). We are still trying to fill our free time with fun events. Here are some pics of our week:

Hickam Beach where we went sailing last weekend

Emily's first haircut!


Driving home in the rain

Stopping by to see Daddy at work :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh Jen....my heart went into my stomach when I saw your neighbor was told another 20 days. Yikes!