March 7, 2011

Big S, little s, what begins with s?

Sick sisters, spring break, that begins with S!!

Yes sadly a flu-like cold has hit our household this weekend but I can't complain about the timing. Spring break is next week but more importantly Olivia is preparing for her big school trip on Thursday.  I have been watching this bug hit the neighborhood and wondering what I would do if she left and got sick 3000 miles away.  Rather get it over with here at home...one less thing to worry about.


It didn't spoil ALL our fun.  Friday night was literature night at school and the kids were treated to a Dr. Seuss book and some crafts.


I thought it was funny that her teachers remarked how blingy Emily was that night...I forget they don't see her this way often!


She read the ABC book to me.  One of my little known claims to fame?  I have read that book so many times I know every single crazy word by heart and can recite it with my eyes closed.  Impressive...I know.


Emily was still feeling good enough Saturday morning to play her game and I snapped this cute photo.  Notice the girl in the back, that tooth was so loose I thought we were going to lose it on the field!  ICK. 


All that aside, in case you were wondering, Hawaii is still Hawaii.  Sunsets...


Rainbows...


And flowers.  All from the comfort of the lanai. 
post signature

No comments: