March 8, 2011

Underway!

My kiddos were sick most of the weekend and still not well enough to attend school on Monday.  I took the opportunity to take them to see David's ship getting underway!


Love this shot!


For those of you that have been here this is near the O'Club in the narrow channel where the ships must pass to get to open ocean. 


We also watched them depart from the pier but no photography is allowed so we jumped into the car and beat them to this location. 


Emily was so excited!  She kept yelling "I love you!" at both the pier and here.  The sailors were sweet to wave back at her :)  Sweet when she is 6, trouble when she is 16!!


David did come out to wave when they left the pier but after that any man in uniform at this distance was her Daddy!  Reminded me of a time in Japan when I took Olivia to the pier to see the USS KITTY HAWK pull in.  She said "I see the Captain!" When I asked how she knew he was the Captain she said  "He's wearing khaki and telling everyone what to do!"  Sounds like a Captain to me!



post signature

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Thanks Jen....hope everyone is feeling better, we have had a bug too. Great shots!

Tiffany