March 14, 2011

Tsunami's, Travels, Things that explode, Trophies and Turtles!

You name it - and chances are in the last week, we've done it!


Sent my big girl off on a plane :(  That was a particularly hard night after having them both sick and missing school all week, a tsunami warning sounding about a half hour before we went to the airport and scarcely having time to say goodbye after I checked her in and gave all the forms and medicines to the right people.  Alas, they took off and landed safely despite the airport closing shortly after. 


Em is still sick but has bouts of wellness when you combine her with Motrin and shake well.  She played in her last game on Saturday and we had a little pizza/trophy party at the end.  You know, the trophy they get for doing absolutely nothing of note but playing a game that they wanted to play...yes, that one.  Sheesh.  I never win that argument with the other moms. 


My child is 6 and has three large soccer trophies already. 


And while I'm home making the world safe from over -indulgent soccer kids my husband is off doing this boring stuff!  This shot is from the bow of the ship looking back towards the bridge.


That missile came out of the "not burned" cell you see there closest to the bridge.  



Here's a close up.  And no Dad...I was not close enough to take this shot nor did I accidentally push the button to launch it in port!  This happened out at sea last week and they sent me the photos!



After tsunamis and missiles (sounds like a few good umbrella drinks) we spent Friday night saying goodbye to some great friends that will be leaving soon.  We were in the dive tower with a beautiful view of the harbor at sunset.  Darn, forgot my camera and this shot is terrible but you get the idea.  We didn't last much past sunset as the guys had been up all night prepping the ships for a potential emergency exit and the moms had been up all night filling bathtubs and finding candles!  It was a bleary eyed group but a nice evening.



At least we have found a nice way to unwind here in the islands!  Last time we spoke to my father in law we said we didn't know what we were going to do that day and he said "go to the beach!"  Good advice.



I think the turtles have missed us.  There were at least 5 yesterday and they wanted company!



It's amazing to me how much they want to swim with us.


This one was more fond of David's plan...a nap in the sun. 

Olivia returns tomorrow night and I can't wait.  I have received many text's from her and she is having a fabulous time.  They must be exhausted but busy tweens are happy tweens!  Hopefully she is taking good photos that we can share.  

Emily and I are taking it easy for Spring Break.  We spent the morning collecting sea glass on the beach.  I hope she is better soon.


 post signature

No comments: