March 10, 2011

Tsunami

Oh the fun never ends!  Just as I nurse my last child to health and send my firstborn off on a plane over the ocean the sirens start howling a tsunami warning!  If you are waking to that and wondering about us - Em and I should be fine.  Our home is not in an inundation evacuation zone.  Olivia should be safely over it and David is out to sea.  Hopefully I will be sound asleep soon and will wake to much ado about nothing but since you all get up first I don't want you to worry.  I'll update in the am.

Update: seems slightly more serious than in the past.  Still not worried about flooding at my location but I am concerned about losing water and power.  I am prepping for both now. 

Update Friday 7:22 am local.  As you have probably seen on tv by now we experienced nothing more than a few feet of tidal surge.  Schools are closed and I don't think the all clear sirens have sounded yet (might have slept through them) but we still have power and water.  Other than being very tired we are fine.  It is sad to wake to the images of Japan.  I got a message that Olivia landed safely.

post signature

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything is okay....both with you and with Olivia. The scenes from Japan are heartbreaking.

Tiffany said...

Glad all is well!