March 29, 2011

Take two

Sadly my slideshow extravaganza failed so I am posting the photos separately.  


Normally I am more camera shy but my mother has this way of finding terrible photos of me and blowing them up to wallpaper size.


When I manage to take one that isn't awful I need to make sure she gets them!


That should keep her busy for a moment!


My good friend doesn't suffer from the above mentioned terrible photo issue - she is always bright and shiny in every picture I take of her...which is probably why this isn't her first debut on my blog.


The guest of honor received a puzzle of his former ship.  If you knew anything about his former ship you would realize the irony of getting to take it apart and put it back together over and over again!!


In addition to the large pope head in a box, our table was equipped with a lazy susan to aid in food sharing.  We learned quickly (yet not quickly enough to avoid this mishap) that serving utensils needed to be carefully placed before spinning the pope!  


You are seeing the theme?  Yes, we were booked in the private "Pope" room at this restaurant.  


Our handsome men!


Their better halves!


My goal is to re-create this photo before I leave Hawaii.  I might not post it though - lest it find a frame in my Mom's house!

post signature

No comments: