September 26, 2008

I'm Liana!

Remember the Barbie Diamond Castle post a while back? Well, as predicted Emily and I have watched it numerous times and have every word and especially every song committed to memory. We have spent 90% of our time in the past weeks as follows:

Em: "Let's pretend we are the Diamond Castle Girls, I'll be the pink one, you be the blue one ok?"

Me: "Ok Em"

Em: "I'm not Emily, I'm Liana."

Me: "Right...sorry."

Then we reenact some scene (usually the one where they find stones shaped like hearts and make necklaces out of them...which we have done with beads) and then sing "connected" with all the same moves as the movie. Somewhere in the course of this my head starts to spin and I lose focus and tend to more pressing things like categorizing the old VHS tapes in alphabetical order but Liana pulls me back.

Em: "Alexa, remember you are supposed to say...best friends today, tomorrow and always"

Me: "Oh right, sorry Em. I was just busy....

Em: "I'm not Emily, I'm Liana...you're Alexa remember?"

Me: "Got it."

Em: "Let's start over."

Me: "Waaaaaaaa!"

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Liana: You're a beautiful dancer!

Alexa: You obviously need to watch *The Castle* a few more times so you get it right!

R :)

Jen said...

Ha, just you wait. I mailed your copy out today...Happy Birthday Lil. You can thank me later.