September 17, 2008

Quote of the day

Emily's school is sadly "peanut free" due to a child with allergies. I say sadly because anyone who knows Em knows that peanut butter sandwiches are the ONLY food she will eat consistently and are basically the reason for her survival up to this point. We have been racking our brains to come up with alternate lunch food that doesn't need to be hot (she also likes soup and mac n cheese). Yesterday she ate a slice of turkey. One slice, none of the cheese or oranges I packed. Today on the drive into school I asked her if she could think of anything else she might like to try and she said
"how about peanut butter and fluff?"
"No Em, no peanuts remember?"
"Oh, then how bout just fluff?"
"No Em, that isn't healthy food."
"That's OK, I want to be short like you."
She's getting turkey :)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is hilarious! I can't stop laughing! (and after the day I've had today, I needed it :)

Tiffany said...

Short is good! Thanks for your sweet comment yesterday...