September 5, 2008

Mothering

To answer my friend Rebecca's question "how can other Mothers compete with me"...you can't. My skills as a Mom are just too perfect, don't even try. Perhaps I should start an advice column - send me your questions and I will do my best to impart my wisdom to the masses. Like just this morning when dressing my sweet Emily in one of her brand new outfits that only yesterday she tried on in the store and promised to love, honor and wear said "I don't really like this, I don't want to wear it." I took a deep breath, pictured in my mind seeing her for the first time after giving birth and the love I felt for her, and then looked her straight in the eye and said "tough! You wear this or go naked and everyone will laugh at you." Brings a tear to your eye doesn't it? It's all smoke and mirrors my friend, hanging on by my toes just like everyone else. A few glasses of wine helps too. I can't believe John McCain didn't pick me???

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

So...is Em getting a bit cold prancing around your house (or the neighborhood :) in her birthday suit?

Love,
R :)

Unknown said...

I can't believe that your mom has'nt already said "Like mother, like daughter"
Of course, Dad is saying, "Does anyone know the tune to,'It's payback time'"